And I Used To Be Anti-Japanese

Posted at 7:26 PM

That's right. I hated anything to do with sushi, anime, cute commercials, harajuku style, japanese robots, bento, green tea...

And now I love green tea. Have begun to enjoy Bento, too, and must say that sometimes the Harajuku clan know more about style than any of us mere common folks will ever do. Still hate anime and cute commercials.

The art movement in Japan, however, is moving on its own, with the world, and transcends time past and future. It is a relevant kind of art. Maybe they don't believe in trends. They know it.


My favorite: Aya Takano. She shares my love of all things sci-fi and alien-like. Has a really cool loft of her own too.



City Glow by Chiho Aoshima.



Meeting at Flapping Underpants by Chinatsu Ban.


And the last is by a 15 year old girl by the name of Akane Koide. Title: A Walk Through Memories